What is GDPR and How to Operationalize It
Recorded Webinar Training Course
This course is a recorded webinar training provided in collaboration with data privacy and protection experts MyData-TRUST. The objective of this GDPR training is to facilitate an internal kick-off and begin to launch an effective response program to the EU GDPR across the organization. It will help companies to examine the challenges posed by the GDPR and the benefits of proactively demonstrating that the organization is compliant with the new requirements. For context, the live webinar training for this course took place on October 28, 2020.
Webinar Training Objectives
Objectives: (1) Facilitate an internal start-up and start to launch an effective compliance and security response program across the organizations. (2) Examine the challenges posed by the GDPR/Security and the benefits of proactively demonstrating that the organization is compliant with the new requirements.
Topics Covered in Course - Data Privacy
• Introduction of Data Privacy principles and Personal Data
• Legal aspects to take into account when collecting healthcare-related data
• Review of the principles, rights and procedures
• How to manage patient request
• Role of the Data Protection Officer
• Comparison between GDPR and main other international laws (Data Privacy Act (UK), HIPAA, PIPEDA etc.)
• Rules of international Data Transfers
• Impacts of Data Privacy for the collect and processing of personal data
• Key steps to follow for a successful data privacy implementation program
• Risks and penalties under non-compliance
• Return on experience through Data Privacy programs for Clinical implementations and mistakes to avoid
Those from Clinical Trial and Research Industry (Start-up, Biotech, Pharma, e-Health, Diagnostic, MedTech, CROs, Academic, Ect.), member of the GDPR preparation team; Stakeholders in the main areas of data processing (HR, Marketing, Finance, Data Manager, Data Scientists, Data Analysts etc ...); Supervisors of the appropriate user teams; IT specialists.
Approximately 90 minutes ( 1.5 hours).
Experienced Privacy Professional with a demonstrated history of working in the pharmaceuticals industry. Skilled in Data Privacy, Personal Data Protection, Intercultural Relations, Privacy Law, Clinical Research and Clinical trials.
Barbara's credo is that Data Privacy compliance is an enhancing and quality factor if taken deeply into account at the early stage of projects.
Course takers are encouraged to submit course description, course length and course agenda directly to their specific certification associations to confirm course completion will be accepted as part of their continuing education requirements.
Agenda AND Certificate of attendance and/or letter signed by supervisor. Course Agenda and Certificate of Attendance (at course completion) will be provided to our course takers.
Please contact ACRP directly with this course title, timed agenda/course overview, and objectives included on this page for their approval as a continuing education course in your re-certification.